Advocate. Lawyer. Mediator. We Are Here For You.
Barry L. Gold
Courtney S. Hicks, Paralegal for Barry L. Gold
- Family Law
Barry L. Gold, a partner in the firm, has been licensed to practice law in Tennessee and Georgia since 1983. He has been selected ten times for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers® in the area of family law, and he is rated 10.0 out of 10.0 by Avvo®. Mr. Gold practices almost exclusively in the areas of family law and family law mediation, and is a frequent speaker and lecturer on family law and related topics before a variety of attorneys, bar associations, and professional groups.
Mr. Gold twice chaired the Tennessee Bar Association Family Law Section, in 2003-2004 and 2010-2011. He served as a member of the Tennessee Bar Association's Family Law Executive Committee from 2002 - 2015, and he also served as a hearing officer for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility from 2007 - 2013. Mr. Gold has chaired the Chattanooga Bar Association's Family Law Section every year since 2010, and he was selected a Chattanooga Bar Foundation Fellow in 2020.
Mr. Gold received his B.A. degree magna cum laude and his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Georgia, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of Barristers.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 06/1983
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B., Bachelor of Arts - 08/1980
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Georgia, 1983
- Tennessee, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Federal Court, 1983
- 1st Place Team, Nat'l Moot Ct. Competition, 1982 Regional Rounds
- Best Oral Advocate, Nat'l Moot Ct. Competition, 1982 Regional Rounds
- 3rd Place Team in the Nation, Nat'l Moot Ct. Comp., 1983 Final Rounds
- Best Oral Advocate, 1982 Georgia Intrastate Moot Court Competition
Honor Societies and Fraternities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Kappa Sigma